So this is definitely something I've had my eye on from Pinterest, don't they look beautiful? Two of my favourite things - avocado and egg. It's high in protein and, as ever, if you eat a whole avocado in one go it's a bit calorific. However it's simple and a great snack or breakfast, particularly if you've been working out!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs (smallest you can find!)
- chilli flakes
- fresh coriander
- fresh dill
- salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 200°C (about gas mark 6).
2. Slice your avocado in half. Take out the stone and then if it was a small stone, scoop out a little extra flesh to make the hole a bit bigger to fit the egg.
3. Put your avocado in a baking tray and prop them up so they're completely level. I did this by putting the thinner ends on the edge of the tray.
4. Crack your eggs one at a time into a small bowl. Then pour the egg white carefully into the avocado hole and use a teaspoon to put the yolk in. Don't worry if they overflow a bit!
5. Put the baking tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven when they're fully cooked (depending on how you like your egg, 15mins was perfectly runny for me) and serve with chilli flakes, rough torn coriander, dill and a good grind of salt and pepper.