This is such a delicious and hearty breakfast for winter. Kale leaves grow sweeter after a frost, so the crop is getting more and more delicious by the time it finishes up this month, so grab it while you can.
Many recipes recommend eggs and kale with feta cheese, which is a winning combination. But if you're avoiding cheese for whatever reason you can get that salty zing on the dish with a tahini dressing.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 50g (basically a good handful) kale
- 2 slices of bread of choice (check out my reviews of 10 shop bought breads)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil to saute the kale
1. Roughly chop the kale and remove any tough stems. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and saute the kale for 7-8 minutes until softened.
2. Whilst your kale is in the pan, in a small dish mix together the tahini and lemon juice until combined and set to one side.
3. Boil a pan of water and poach your eggs. If you're not a confident poacher, I always recommend poaching pods, but they do take a bit longer.
4. Toast your bread to your liking.
5. Plate up! Top your toast with the kale and eggs and drizzle with the dressing. That was easy wasn't it?!