Avocado tzatziki! Two things I love, what a genius idea to combine them. I found this recipe idea on Pinterest and knew straight away it would be great to try at home. I served it with salmon and a courgetti salad with spinach, red onion, peas, fresh mint from the garden and loads of dill and lemon zest.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
- 1/2 avocado
- 125g (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Lemon zest (optional, to garnish)
- Dill (optional, to garnish)
1. In a bowl, smash the avocado with the back of a fork, leaving a few lumps if you like texture, or completely go to town if you prefer a smooth tzatziki!
2. Add the yogurt to the smashed avocado and combine.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine. For each, I would recommend adding a little at a time and keep testing to get just the balance you want. Raw garlic can sometimes be overpowering so I tend to add gradually and keep checking.
4. Serve up with crudites, or as I did as an accompaniment to grilled salmon and salad.