This recipe came from Pinterest and when I saw the photo, I just knew I had to make these. The colours are so fantastic with the green, red, white and dark brown all contrasting against each other. And best of all the bars are absolutely delicious. Mine did not last long at all....
This recipe is inspired by Wholehearted Eats. Thank you!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes + setting c. 30 minutes minimum
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice)
- pinch of salt
- 30g (1 cup) puffed quinoa
- 25g (¼ cup) goji berries
- 25g (¼ cup) roughly chopped pistachios
1. Line a pan with grease-proof paper. I used my smallest tray and allowed the paper to extend either side so that when the bars were set I could lift them out easily.
2. In a pan over a low heat melt together the first four ingredients, being careful not to bubble or burn.
3. When completely combined and liquid pour into your tray.
4. Sprinkle your puffed quinoa, goji berries and pistachios over the top, distributing evenly. Put in the fridge to chill.
5. After about 30 minutes they should be set. Lift out on the grease-proof paper and cut into individual pieces. Try to resist eating them all in one go! Keep in the fridge.