When I made this and posted it to Instagram I was a little overwhelmed by the response I got (70+ likes is good for me!). I certainly didn't think it was my greatest culinary achievement of all time, nor my best photo. But Instagram works in mysterious ways sometimes...
My spiralizer is very well used in my kitchen and courgetti have become an absolute staple when avoiding pasta. I am always surprised by how much courgetti you can get from just one courgette - it feels like bowls full. For someone like me who, once they get started they just can't stop eating (!), it's an ideal way to feel I'm having a massive meal when actually the calorie content is quite low.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 courgette
- 2 tbsp pesto of choice (I love Sacla Free From Basil Pesto or Biona Green Pesto)
- 100g peas
- 1/3 head of broccoli
- handful fresh coriander (optional)
1. Boil your broccoli and peas together in a pan until tender (but still green, not grey). Drain and leave in the pan.
2. Spiralize your courgette. If you want your courgetti raw then put it straight in the pan with your other veg.
If you'd like your courgetti softened up a bit then put it in a frying pan with a little olive oil and heat for 3-4 minutes. Personally I prefer it this way, it's more like pasta. When it's done add it to the pan with the broccoli and peas.
3. Add your pesto and roughly chopped coriander to the pan and stir with a spoon to combine and spread the pesto evenly.
4. Serve up and enjoy.