Maybe I'm the only nutcase that has pesto for breakfast?! I hope not!
I love a savoury dish and particularly when eating yeast-free it's the way to go anyway, to avoid sugar. This dish was made possible with the discovery of Southern in Law's Starch, Yeast & Grain Free Paleo Bread. You have honestly got to check it out, I was thrilled with the results as it is finally a bread that resembles something you can make a sandwich with, which I hadn't had in months of yeast-free.
If you're looking for a shop-bought alternative then why not check out my Tried & Tested, reviewing 10 yeast free breads to find the perfect one for you.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 3-6 minutes - depending on how toasty you like your toast!
- Three slices of Southern in Law's Paleo Bread or shop-bought yeast free bread of choice
- 1/2 avocado
- 15g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp green pesto (I use Biona Green Pesto with pine kernels)
- Dried chilli flakes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
1. Toast your bread to your liking.
2. Whilst you're toasting, mash up the avocado with a fork, seasoning with a little salt and pepper to taste.
3. Put your toast on a plate and spread the avocado smash evenly between the slices. Sprinkle the pine nuts, chilli flakes (not too many unless you like a serious punch in the morning!), basil and coriander leaves on top.
4. Drizzle with a little pesto and you're done! This is savoury breakfast heaven for me.