I love soup. It's just like a smoothie is in the morning; a fantastic and easy way to get absolutely loads of veg into you in one go. My 'soups' are often pretty thick as I prefer that to a watery consistency. You can always use more stock or water if you prefer it runnier!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 400g spinach
- 250g peas
- 500ml water or stock of choice (I tend to go for Kallo Yeast Free if I haven't got any freshly made)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds (for decoration)
1. Slice up the broccoli keeping all the stalk, no need to throw away!
2. Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally.
3.When the veg is all tender (but not completely grey, shouldn't be longer than 10 minutes really to keep the vivid green colours) turn off the heat.
4. Blend to a smooth consistency, or leave it chunky, up to you.
5. Serve up in bowls and top with a dash more sesame oil and some sesame seeds. Ideal with some yummy yeast-free bread.