Okay let's be honest, this isn't really a recipe... it's more a go-to staple of mine!
It's about the most simple breakfast there is and when I want something savoury in the morning (which is a lot of times, I'm a real savoury rather than sweet person) this is my number one dish.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes (depending on how you poach your egg)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 corn thins (my favourites are by Kallo but any will do!)
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Get your egg poaching first. I use silicone egg poaching pouches which can take quite some time, so for me this is always the time-consuming bit.
2. Pop two corn thins onto a plate. Slice up half an avocado and arrange onto one corn thin.
3. Try to resist urge to eat all the avocado whilst waiting for the egg to poach. Succumb to eating another corn thin just to stop you eating avocado :)
4. When the egg is poached, slip it out onto the other corn thin on the plate.
5. A little sprinkle of salt and pepper and you're done. It's a pretty messy dish to eat, I tend to pick them up with my hands and use a fork to scoop egg and avocado onto each mouthful. Eat quickly before the corn thin goes soggy!