Just back from Barcelona holidays, I will write more about our adventures (and the food of course!) later in the blog. But for now I am desperate for some greens and remembering this delicious bowl of yumminess from the summer.
Inspired by Nadia Damaso on her website Eat Better, Not Less (SUCH a brilliant name!) who was doing a shout-out on Instagram to celebrate 150k followers. I sort of took her picture and created my own version!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- 75g brown rice spaghetti (I used Doves Farm and I think 75g is plenty, even my boyfriend couldn't eat the whole 100g serving suggestion!)
- 4 spears of asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into 2/3 equal pieces
- 50g spinach
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 50g garden peas
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fried broad beans (also known as Habas Fritas and completely addictive, so watch out!)
1. Cook the spaghetti to packet instructions, drain and set aside. Toss in a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
2. In a frying pan heat the olive oil to medium/high. Add the garlic and onions and fry until softened.
3. Add the asparagus and peas and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until both vegetables are cooked but still holding their colour - you don't want them grey!
4. Add the spinach to the pan and cover to steam cook. If you don't have a lid for your pan you can stir it through in among the other veg to cook it through.
5. When the spinach is wilted squeeze in the lemon juice and stir through the vegetables.
6. Plate up your spaghetti and top with the vegetables and a few of the Habas Fritas for crunch.